5.19.2011

Back In The Saddle

I got back into teaching today. Like, REAL teaching. Not shepherding/policing bratty little kids who are too young to care about dance. No, I'm talking serious teaching--actual training. And you know what? It felt good.

It's been a long time since I've taught a a class full of dancers who are motivated and focused. I lost sight of why I love to teach. So, I took a much-needed break from teaching dance. That is, until tonight when I subbed a couple classes for my friend.

I admit, I was a little nervous about it. But once the class got rollin, it felt just like old times. The good old times, not the bad old times. I think the students enjoyed the class too. They stayed with me and were sweating at the end (a sure sign they were working hard!).

I'm relieved about all this because I start teaching private lessons tomorrow. I've also had a few job offers for the fall too. It's good to be back into the teaching swing of things again. Someday I'll fill you in on why teaching is important to me, but that is for another post.
(I used to teach cute little nuggets like these girls and loved it.)

1 comment:

  1. i love dancing and i miss it so much! i know it has to feel good to get back into teaching.i can only imagine.

    thestyleprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete